As the hub of activity where you can gather with your family or entertain your guests. Therefore, the interior design and lighting play a very crucial role in creating a relaxed ambience. Check out these 10 extraordinary living room lighting ideas that can make your living room become more inviting.
- 1 1. Sophisticated Crystal Lights for Living Room
- 2 2. Lighting Ideas for Modern White Living Room
- 3 3. Eclectic Living Room Lighting Ideas
- 4 4. Pinkish Lamp Shade for Living Room
- 5 5. The Combination of Natural and Artificial
- 6 6. Focus on The Focal Point
- 7 7. Lighting Idea for Mid Century Modern Living Room
- 8 8. Impressive yet Simple Lighting for Living Room
- 9 9. Shine Bright Like A Diamond
- 10 10. Lighting Idea for Minimalist Living Room
1. Sophisticated Crystal Lights for Living Room
Lighting is not only about illuminating the entire room. It turns out that lighting is about fashion now. This luxurious white living room uses some recessed and hidden lights that make it look bright. To complement the white armchairs, sophisticated and fancy crystal lights are hung above the coffee table.
- The crystal lights add luxury to your living room.
- Investing on crystal lights can burn a hole in your pocket.
2. Lighting Ideas for Modern White Living Room
Modern living rooms tend to use clear-cut furniture with a very simple design. Therefore, you need to keep the lighting as simple as possible without eradicating its main function – shedding some light to make everything visible.
To get a sufficient light while keeping things simple, recessed LED lights will be your safe bet. They can get rid of dark spots that can be harmful for your eyesight.
- Let the lights focus on the seating area since this is the most occupied spot in the living room.
3. Eclectic Living Room Lighting Ideas
The combination of various shapes of lights can create an epic eclectic living room. The recessed LED lights belonging to modern style are installed to illuminate the photographs and accessories. Two rectangular lamp shades are put on each side table. The most conspicuous thing is the curvy pendant light that highlights the coffee table.
- The living room becomes brighter and more comfortable.
- Installing too many lights can increase your electricity bill.
4. Pinkish Lamp Shade for Living Room
Recessed LED lights have become more popular lately since they are so versatile that they can be used in any living room style.
This living room features some recessed lights that are installed in the ceiling. To make this living room brighter and more beautiful, a pendant light with pinkish lamp shade is hung over the ottoman functioned as a coffee table.
- To get a better vision when reading, you can add a table lamp next to the couch.
5. The Combination of Natural and Artificial
Nothing can beat the bright of daylight. When combined with artificial light, they can be a great duet in illuminating the living room. This living room gets plenty of natural light that sheds some bright light over the seating areas. Therefore, you can turn off some – or even all – lamps during the day which can cut down on the electricity bill.
- Natural light can illuminate the living room very well as well as cutting down on the electricity bill.
- The natural light can be glaring sometimes.
6. Focus on The Focal Point
Two 3-D paintings are hung above the gray couch and act as the focal point of this living room. As a focal point, it deserves highlighting. Thus, some stage lights focus on shining them as if they were the actors in this living room.
Not only the paintings, but also the racks standing next to the lamp also need highlighting since they help you show some knick-knacks off. The bright light will guide your guests’ eyes to them.
- The lights can highlight the parts of your living room that you want people to focus on.
- The other parts of the living room will remain dark.
7. Lighting Idea for Mid Century Modern Living Room
One of the significant features of a mid-century modern living room is the use of huge glass windows that let natural light to pass through. The natural light will illuminate the entire room, and make it look airier and brighter.
This living room harnesses natural light that provides free lighting. In addition to it, some recessed LED lights are also added to provide sufficient light during the night. Since we are dealing with mid-century modern living room, adding a unique pendant light over the coffee table will be great.
- The pendant light adds a relentless charm to the living room.
- The pendant light is a bit low.
8. Impressive yet Simple Lighting for Living Room
The silver pendant light complements the gray sofas very well and create a great harmony in this living room. The exquisite design does not only shed some light to the room, but also make it more impressive in a very simple way.
- The pendant lights make the room look impressive.
- They are so low that people can bump their head.
9. Shine Bright Like A Diamond
This living room look lavish with the simple furniture and sparkling lights. Although it is a contemporary living room, adding a sophisticated and fancy lamp is not a bad idea at all. In fact, it is a brilliant idea.
The pendant light hanging over the coffee table provides sparkling light that looks like some glowing lush jewelry. It suits the sofas, planter, and the wall perfectly.
- The pendant light gives an extraordinary look that makes your living room look more luxurious.
- The pendant light can break your bank.
10. Lighting Idea for Minimalist Living Room
A minimalist living room – just like its name – tends to keep everything simple and unsophisticated. the lights have to be practical rather than decorative. However, installing some practical as well as decorative lights will not be a sin.
This contemporary living room features an abundance of lights that make it look brighter. You can even find recessed and hidden lights at every corner in the living room. Instead of using pendant light that can accentuate the room in no time, you can use a simple square light that hangs above the coffee table.
- Too much light can be harmful for your eyesight. Therefore, you had better not to turn on all the lights.
Those are some extraordinary living room lighting ideas that can blow your mind. Installing lights in your living room can be thrilling, but you have to keep in mind that your ultimate goal is to illuminate it. Therefore, the lights have to be practical as well as decorative. Happy trying!